In the world of digital marketing, first impressions are vital, but they’re not always enough to seal the deal.
Often, potential customers visit your website, explore your products or services, and never return. We all know that this is where the power of remarketing in paid media comes into play. Remarketing offers an all-important second (and third, fourth, fifth….) chance to connect with those visitors who have shown interest but haven’t taken the desired action. According to a study by AdRoll, website visitors who are retargeted with display ads are 70% more likely to convert than those who aren’t retargeted.
A Simple Remarketing Process for Beginners
- Initial visitor interaction: It all begins when a user visits your website or engages with your content, such as clicking on a product link or signing up for a newsletter.
- Tracking and Data Collection: A snippet of code, often referred to as a pixel or tag, is placed on your website to track user behaviour. This code collects data about the pages visited and actions taken.
- Segmentation: Based on user behaviour and interactions, you can create segmented lists of visitors. For instance, you can segment visitors who viewed specific product categories or those who abandoned their shopping carts.
- Tailored Advertisements: Armed with these segmented lists, you can create highly targeted and personalised advertisements. These ads can be displayed on various platforms.
- Re-Engagement: As users browse the web, they encounter your remarketing ads, reminding them of your products or services. This re-engagement encourages them to return to your website and complete the desired action, whether it’s making a purchase, filling out a form, or subscribing.
Remarketing is a powerful tool that offers higher conversion rates, enhanced brand recall, cost efficiency and improved customer retention. By targeting individuals who have already shown an interest, remarketing ads can lead to more conversions. Additionally, repeated exposure to your brand through remarketing ads reinforces brand awareness and trust. Remarketing also focuses on warm leads, making it cost-effective, and it’s useful for customer retention by reminding previous customers of your brand, after all, a study by Criteo found that remarketing campaigns have a click-through rate (CTR) that is ten times higher than regular display ad campaigns!
Tips for Crafting Effective Remarketing Strategies
Ready to make the most of your remarketing strategy? Don’t forget:
- Segmentation will enable you to tailor your messaging and increase the chances of converting users into customers.
- Compelling ad creatives will increase the effectiveness of your remarketing campaigns. Create ads that are eye-catching!
- Frequency capping to avoid bombarding users with excessive ads. This can lead to ad fatigue. You want to avoid customers ‘hiding’ or ‘blocking’ your ads in their settings.
- Continuously test different ad variations to optimise performance.
- Utilize dynamic ads that display specific products or content that users have already viewed.
- Finally, follow your customers around the internet! Extend your reach by remarketing across various devices and platforms. This will increase your chances of reaching users who are interested in your products or services wherever they spend their time online.
How can Door4 help?
Paid media Remarketing can re-engage potential customers and boost conversions. By leveraging user data and crafting compelling strategies, you can tap into an audience that’s ready to buy or enquire. Remarketing helps your brand stay top of mind, driving conversions and retention. A report by eMarketer found that 56% of digital marketers consider retargeting to be the most effective way to drive return on investment (ROI). If you’re not maximising this avenue, you’re missing out!
Door4 excels at pinpointing the perfect audience for your brand, particularly with PPC marketing. Our expertise lies in the assurance that you’re engaging with an audience genuinely interested in your message, allowing you to devote more resources to fine-tuning your advertisements.
With Door4, your budget is channelled exclusively towards individuals who hold significance for your business. Each campaign we undertake is meticulously customised to cater to the specific demographics that matter most to you, down to the language and format that resonates most effectively with your target group. Our team is adept at enhancing your brand’s performance.
Door4 helps you connect with the audience that matters most for your brand’s performance.
Author: Millie Townley-Stephenson
04.04.2023|We asked Door4 Head of Acquisition, Tom Morton, How do we measure the success of influencer marketing campaigns?
14.12.2021|Structure and hierarchy drive the buyer journey from awareness to conversion. The human brain wants a fast experience, or one that feels fast. If the look and feel of your website is getting in their way, they’ll bounce somewhere else to spend their money.
01.09.2023|When we think about young adults as a target audience, the phrases ‘Millennials’ and ‘Gen Z’ are often used to group together the younger population as a whole, but is it right, or even effective, to use the same marketing techniques to target both groups?
ScrapbookArticles, blog, news & tidbits
Professional insight on digital performance marketing and optimisation from Door4.